Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

High Bridge and Soul Food

Alas, I haven't had time to write precisely because I've been doing cool things. Like taking a twelve mile walk with my roommate through the Bronx and Harlem that culminated in super cheap Soul Food at Jacob's.
c/o googleimages
What's that? Not classy enough, you say? Well, when I have collard greens, roasted turkey, yams, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, bbq ribs, banana pudding and iced tea in front of me, I simply don't care about class.

I also didn't care about class as I moseyed home and took in awesome Bronx/Upper Manhattan sights. Such as the Croton Aqueduct, which distributed water in order to make the construction of New York City possible in the early 1800s. We also saw the super cool (but unfortunately closed) High Bridge and Highbridge tower. Our fingers are crossed that the tower and bridge will be open to pedestrians soon!

c/o googleimages

Yes, I am now in (intense) pain. But a weekend well-spent is always worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment