Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

What's Cooking

Photo by Ellie Miller
The joy of owning my blog is that I can now include things that don't necessarily pertain to Fordham life. Like cooking. Though cooking is not directly related to my school or location, it's very much a part of my life and even more a part of how I enjoy college (my own kitchen stocked with delicious things? Yes, please!). I'm elated to be able to share what I'm brewing here; some recipes are just too good to keep to myself!



Take, for example, Aran's butternut squash soup on Canelle et Vanille. I don't have the rights to her beautiful photographs and thus can't post them here, but PLEASE take a moment to check them out! Oh, but before you do, grab some napkins- you'll need them to wipe the drool from your chin.

Also, Friday was my night to cook dinner for my house community. I went for Road to Morocco Lamb with some minor changes: I added eggplant, rubbed the lamb the night before, and let it simmer for 1.5 hours. It. was. AMAZING.

Next up is Paula Deen's calorie-filled Steak and Pie; we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment